Grand Prize Winner in the Johnsonville Top Your Brat Contest will receive Sausage for a Year and their Item on the 2024 Johnsonville Summerfest Menu #JohnsonvilleTopYourBrat
Johnsonville is asking bratwurst fanatics to share their favorite toppings they most enjoy putting on a fully cooked Johnsonville Brat. The country’s number-one bratwurst brand is hosting a “Top Your Brat” contest during its Summerfest sponsorship, inviting fans to share up to three creative toppings that could be included on the Johnsonville menu at Summerfest next year – and what the item would be named. Will the toppings be the common sauerkraut, grilled onions and mustard ingredients? Or something different such as pimento cheese, chopped pickles and smoked paprika?
The contest runs June 3-12. Entrants can participate by replying with a comment to one of Johnsonville’s social media posts about the contest or post from their original social media account with the following:
- Listing the maximum three toppings of their choice; (photos or video of the brat and toppings are not required but always welcome)
- A name for the hand-held brat and toppings
- Including the hashtag #JohnsonvilleTopYourBrat
The judges will use the following criteria in determining one grand prize winner:
- Originality/Creativity (25%)
- Taste (25%)
- Visual Representation (20%)
- Ease of consuming/enjoying while walking around at Summerfest (15%)
- Title of recipe/sandwich (15%)
The grand prize winner will receive free sausage for a year AND have their creation included on the Summerfest 2024 Johnsonville menu. Each of the three finalists will also receive free sausage for a year and Johnsonville merchandise. Official rules are noted below.
Eligibility: Open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States (but excluding CO, CT, MD and where prohibited) and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry
Entry Dates: June 3, 2023 – June 12, 2023 at 11:59 pm ET
Entry Limit: one entry per person
How to Enter the Johnsonville Top Your Brat Contest
(1) Reply with a comment to the contest social post from a Johnsonville social channel; OR Tweet or post with text or your photo or video (30-seconds max) of any three ingredient toppings used on a Johnsonville fully cooked brat (which would be served in some type of bread or handheld ingredient. The bread does not count as one of the three toppings).
(2) With your content outlining the three toppings, also include the name of your brat-topping item; Photos or videos of your brat and toppings are NOT required but welcomed, with no penalty for providing a photo or video
(3) Include the #JohnsonvilleTopYourBrat hashtag with your comment, reply or post
(4) Tag @Johnsonville in the original caption of your social media post if providing your entry from your personal channel
(5) Your account settings must remain public during the Contest Period and until all prizes are awarded; and
(6) You must not change your social media handle during the Contest Period and until all prizes are awarded.
The content included in the entrant’s reply, photo or video will be judged or used to determine three “Top Your Brat” finalists.