Texas Instruments has teamed up with former pro football player, John Urschel, to get today’s generation of STEM students (#GenSTEM) pumped up to go back to school with a fun, new contest. Take the #GenSTEM quiz for a chance to win your choice of TI graphing calculator or an awesome grand prize package, which includes a $500 gift card and expense-paid trip to Dallas, Texas to star in the next STEM Behind Cool Careers activity
Official Rules: open to US, DC, 13 and older (19 and older Alabama, Nebraska; 21 and older Mississippi). Begins on August 14 and ends on September 25. Two entries per person per day (one Contest and one Sweepstakes), + bonus entries (see below). Random Drawing August 21 and September 25.
1. Capture an original photo of something that interests you, for example a photo that captures your hobby (i.e. running or fishing) or desired career (i.e. painter or teacher)
2. Post the photo to Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #GenSTEMcontest. Include with photo a brief description of math, science or STEM that is included in the activity being featured in the photo.
Contest Judging Criteria: the quality of the photo (25%), incorporation of math and/or science (25%), showcasing of TI technology (25%), and creativity of caption (25%).
- Visit genstemcontest.com and select the quiz option.
- Answer the questions in the quiz. and submit the form on the quiz result page.
- You may share your quiz results using the provided Twitter and Facebook share buttons to gain additional entries into the drawing.
One (1) Contest Grand Prize: A trip for the winner and one guest to Dallas, Texas to be featured in an upcoming #GenSTEM activity and video; a $500 Visa gift card; and the choice of a TI-84 Plus CE or TI-Nspire CX. ARV: $1668
Four (4) Photo Runners Up Contest Prizes: winners choice of a TI-84 Plus CE (ARV $129) or TI-Nspire CX (ARV $168)
Twelve (12) Sweepstakes Prizes: winners choice of a TI-84 Plus CE (ARV $129) or TI-Nspire CX (ARV $168)