Discover your roots like a celebrity with #TLC and you could win a trip for two to your family’s homeland and access to a personal genealogical historian provided by Ancestory.com. Plus, weekly prizes in the TLC Be a Who Do You Think You Are Star Sweepstakes.
Sweepstakes Rating: Okay
Eligibility: US, DC, Canada (excluding Quebec), 21 and older
Entry Dates: July 26, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 3, 2015
Start at 3:00:01 p.m. ET and End at 2:59:59 p.m. ET
- 1. July 26 to August 2, 2015
- 2. August 2 to August 9, 2015
- 3. August 9 to August 16, 2015
- 4. August 16 to August 23, 2015
- 5. August 23 to August 30, 2015
- 6. August 30 to September 3, 2015
Questions and Answers:
- Where was Ginnifer’s great grandfather, Al Goodwin, in January 17, 1911? Federal prison
- What was the profession of JK Rolling’s three-times-great-grandfather, Jacques Schuch? Stone Cutter
- How many acres of land did Alfre’s great grandfather, Alex Woodard, own in 1881 after he was freed from slavery? 80
- Which king is Valerie Bertinelli a descendent of? Edward I of England
- Which war did Bryan Cranston’s great great grandfather serve in? American Civil War
- At what age did Tom Bergeron’s nine-times-great-grandmother, Marguerite Ardion, become an orphan? 14
You will have the option of answering a multiple-choice trivia question. Those Entrants who correctly answer the questions (each Entrant will receive an unlimited number of attempts to correctly answer each question) will be given the option of entering the Sweepstakes by completing the resulting Sweepstakes registration form.
Entry Limit: one entry per person per email address per day (Limit 40 total entries per person).
One (1) Grand Prize: a trip for two people to the Winner’s ancestral homeland (country subject to Sponsor’s approval). The prize package includes two roundtrip standard economy airfare tickets from a major commercial airport in the United States, near the Winner’s primary residence and the destination location (roundtrip airfare for 2 people), as determined by Sponsor; accommodations for two (single room, double occupancy; up to five nights for ancestral homeland trip depending on location and costs); $2,000 spending money; and up to thirty (30) hours of Ancestry.com genealogical research, depending on the researchers’ discretion. ARV: $13,000
Twelve (12) First Prizes (two per week): If both are US winners; first selected winner will receive one Ancestory DNA Test (ARV: $99.00) and the second selected winner will receive one six-month Ancestry World Explorer Membership (ARV: $149.00). If both are Canadian winners, first selected winner will receive one Ancestry Canada Deluxe Annual Membership (ARV: $119.88); and the second selected winner will receive one 3-Month Membership Ancestry World Deluxe 3-Month Membership (ARV: $83.97). Should there be one US winner and one Canadian winner, the US winner will receive Ancestory DNA Test (ARV: $99.00) and the Canadian winner will receive one Ancestry Canada Deluxe Annual Membership (ARV:$119.88)
Random Drawing: on or about September 4, 2015