Do you Instagram on your smartphone? If so, listen up! Sony Mobile is partnering with fashion stylist and blogger The Glamourai, photographer Theron Humphrey, softball gold medallist Jennie Finch and Sony/RED artists Freelance Whales to bring U.S. and Canadian fans the Xperia Photo Jam Instagram contest.
Each week, one of the Instagram celebrities will issue a photo challenge for participants and each week the entrant whose photo submission receives the most votes will win an Xperia ion, Sony’s first 4G LTE smartphone available exclusively on AT&T, to take high quality photos with its 12MP camera, an Xperia Smart Dock for the Xperia ion to make it into a hub for home entertainment, as well as Xperia SmartTags. One lucky grand prize winner will be selected to win $1,000 and an all-expense-paid trip for two to see Maroon 5 live in New York City.
Sweeps Rating: Okay
Eligibility: open to legal residents of the (50) United States and the District of Columbia and residents of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec), who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry.
Entry Dates: September 13, 2012 and ends on Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 11:59:59 (Noon) a.m. ET
Four Entry Periods:
- September 13 – September 20
- September 21 – September 27
- September 28 – October 4
- October 5 – October 11
How to Enter:
- During each Entry Period (listed above), a photo challenge will be posted on the US Sony Mobile Facebook page or Canada Sony Mobile Facebook page
- Using the Instagram app on your mobile phone, upload your photo reply answering that week’s photo challenge
- Complete the registration form on the Facebook page and provide your Instagram ID
Entry Limit: you may enter as often as you like however you must use a unique photo for each entry.
Each Weekly Winner will receive the following Prize:
- One (1) Xperia™ ion. Approximate retail value $449.99 each
- One (1) Smart Dock. Approximate retail value $69.99 each
- One (1) Pack of Xperia™ Smart Tags. Approximate retail value $19.99 each
Grand Prize: Trip for two (2) to the first stop in the Maroon 5’s 2013 Tour PLUS $4,000:
- Roundtrip (coach class) air transportation
- Two (2) nights (double occupancy) hotel accommodations
- Two (2) tickets to the concert
- Food allowance
- Winner to receive $4,000 spending money.
Total Approximate retail value of this prize package $7,400.
Each of the weekly winning entries (four in all), will be judged based on the following equally weighted criteria:
- Weekly Challenge Addressed
- Visual Appeal
Grand Prize winner will be announced by October 12, 2012.