Enter the Kobo New Year New You Trivia Contest for a chance to #win the Grand Prize pack of 2 Glo HD eReaders and 10,000 Kobo Super Points. Plus, ten winners of a Kobo Glo HD eReader.
Sweepstakes Rating: Okay
Eligibility: US, DC, (excluding Alaska, Hawaii), Canada (excluding Quebec) and the United Kingdom, 18/age of majority and older
Entry Dates: January 20, 2016 and ends on January 29, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Random Drawing: on or about February 19, 2016
Sweeties Note: You may have to double-click on an answer to get it to accept it.
Kobo Question of the Day and Trivia Answers:
If you miss a day you can go back and answer questions from previous days.
- Michael A. Singer is the bestselling author of The Untethered Soul and also the founder of Temple of the Universe, a yoga and meditation center where people of any religion or set of beliefs can come together to experience inner peace. Which of the following is NOT a yoga pose? Full moon
- Brené Brown has a Ph.D. in social work and has written the self-improvement bestsellers The Gifts of Imperfection and Daring Greatly. The latter got its title from a speech by what former President? Theodore Roosevelt
- Ultra-successful The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle has been called “a New Age re-working of Zen.” In what country did Zen originate? China
- Amy Cuddy is a social psychology professor at Harvard whose book, Presence, teaches simple techniques to conquer fear of high-pressure moments and how to excel in these situations. Social psychology is the study of what? How humans think about and relate to each other
- 10% Happier by Dan Harris is about taming the voice in your head and the practical uses of meditation. On what morning news show is Harris an anchor? Good Morning America
- Entrepreneur and public speaker Tim Ferriss’ second book, The 4-Hour Body, gives pointers on many facets of life, from fat loss to muscle gain to sleep techniques. Before his New York Timesbestselling debut, he was relatively unknown. What was that book called? The 4-Hour Workweek
- In How Not To Die by Michael Greger, we learn how to prevent and treat the top 15 causes of death in the U.S. with relatively simple nutrition. What is the leading cause of death? Heart Disease
- In Brain Maker by Dr. David Perlmutter, he writes of new research revealing that brain health is considerably related to “gut microbes.” In what torso organ do these microbiomes live? Intestine
- Alternative medicine advocate and author of Ageless Body, Timeless Mind, Deepak Chopra, became a household name after a 1993 appearance on what show? The Oprah Winfrey Show
- Marie Kondo has made a living as a professional organizer and author. Her latest book, Spark Joy, instructs readers to only keep things they truly love. Her method of organizing is known as what? KonMari