Enter the Kobo Award Winners Contest for a chance to #win the Grand Prize pack of 2 Glo HD eReaders and 10,000 Kobo Super Points. Plus, ten winners of a Kobo Glo HD eReader.
Sweepstakes Rating: Okay
Eligibility: US, DC, (excluding Alaska, Hawaii), Canada (excluding Quebec) and the United Kingdom, 18/age of majority and older
Entry Dates: November 18, 2015 and ends on November 27, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Random Drawing: on or about
NOTE: You may have to double-click on an answer to get it to accept it.
Kobo Question of the Day and Trivia Answer:
If you miss a day you can go back and answer questions from previous days.
- In Pulitzer Prize-winning All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, 12-year-old Marie-Laure and her father flee to what French town when the Nazis occupy Paris? Saint-Malo
- Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer was the 2014 winner of the Nebula Award for Best Novel. What genre do the Nebula Awards recognize? Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Winner of the 2015 Man Booker Prize, A Brief History of Seven Killings, largely takes place in what Caribbean nation (which is also author Marlon James’ birthplace)? Jamaica
- In Life or Death by Michael Robotham, which won the 2015 CWA Gold Dagger Award for best crime novel, what was protagonist Audie Palmer serving a prison sentence for when he escaped? Armed robbery
- Jacqueline Woodson’s Brown Girl Dreaming is a stunning novel told completely in verse about growing up as an African American girl in the ‘60s and ‘70s. Which of the following awards did it not receive? Hugo Award
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson won several awards for its breath-taking and profound story. It stars the inseparable Noah and Jude; what is their relationship to each other? Twins
- Liu Cixin, author of The Three-Body Problem, is considered one of China’s most beloved science-fiction writers. In what sub-genre does he specialize? Hard sci-fi
- Voices From Chernobyl by Svetlana Alexievich is the 2015 recipient of the Nobel Prize in Literature. It presents personal accounts of how people were (and still are) effected by the catastrophic nuclear reactor explosion. In what year did the accident take place? 1986
- Phil Klay’s Redeployment is poised to become a classic in the tradition of war writing, as well as already winning the 2014 National Book Award for Fiction. In what branch of the United States Armed Forces does Klay serve as an Officer? Marine Corps
- Baby, It’s You by Jane Graves won the 2015 RITA Award for Contemporary Romance. Which of the following is NOT a sub-genre of Romance they honor? Urban Fantasy
Entry Limit: one entry per person per question. A new question is posted each day.
One (1) Grand Prize: two Kobo Glo HD eReaders and 10,000 Kobo Super Point
Ten (10) Second Prizes (one per day): a Kobo Glo HD eReader