Enter the Kobo’s Best of Summer Sweepstakes for a chance to #win the Grand Prize pack of a $1,000 VISA credit card and two Kobo Glo HD eReaders. Plus, ten winners of a a Kobo Glo HD eReader.
Sweepstakes Rating: Okay
Eligibility: US, DC, (excluding Alaska, Hawaii), Canada (excluding Quebec) and the United Kingdom, 18/age of majority and older
Entry Dates: August 26, 2015 and ends on September 4, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET
NOTE: You may have to double-click on an answer to get it to take.
Kobo Question of the Day and Trivia Answer:
If you miss a day you can go back and answer questions from previous days.
- In Go Set a Watchman, 26-year-old “Scout” Finch returns home from New York City to visit her aging father, Atticus. What is Scout’s real name? Jean Louise
- At the beginning of Paula Hawkins’ thrilling The Girl on the Train, protagonist Rachel is going through one of the hardest times of her life. What triggers this difficult time? Her divorce
- In the astonishing and sometimes frighteningWhen the Moon is Low, Fereiba and her three children flee Afghanistan and the Taliban in hopes of reaching what city? London
- Armada is the story of Zack Lightman, a video-game-obsessed teenager whose hobby comes to life when he looks out his window and sees what? A flying saucer
- Judy’s Blume’s highly anticipated new novel, In the Unlikely Event, takes place in 1987. However, we’re transported back in time when the protagonist recalls a painful tragedy from what decade? The ’50s
- In The Tournament, the year is 1546 and the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire has issued an invitation to every king in Europe: send your finest competitor to take part in a tournament to determine the champion of the known world. What game/sport was the subject of the tournament? Chess
- How old is Christian Grey at the beginning of both Fifty Shades of Grey and Grey, where we hear his side of the story? 27
- The Pine Tar Game chronicles the historic 1983 playoff series between the New York Yankees and the Kansas City Royals, during which a KC player was penalized for using an illegal amount of pine tar. What is the substance said to improve? Grip
- In My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry, how old is young Elsa when her Grandma dies, leaving behind letters that lead her on the adventure of a lifetime? 7
- In The Little Paris Bookshop, Monsieur Perdu takes great pride in his ability to “prescribe” the perfect book to take his customers’ troubles away (although he can’t do the same for himself). In what unique location is his bookshop located? On a barge
Entry Limit: one entry per person per question. A new question is posted each day.
One (1) Grand Prize: two (2) Kobo Glo HD eReaders and $1,000 (awarded either as a prepaid Visa credit card or wire transfer, depending on the location of the winner)
Ten (10) Second Prizes (one per day): a Kobo Glo HD eReader
Random Drawing: grand prize drawing on or about September 25, 2015