Enter the Travel Channel January Sweepstakes daily for a chance to win $10,000 trip for 2 to to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Play to win Travel Channel prizes instantly.
Sweepstakes Rating: Okay
Eligibility: US, DC, 21 and older
Entry Dates: January 1, 2015 and ends on January 31, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Website Entry | Official Rules
Travel Channel Questions & Answers
- Right off Honaunau Beach, divers can swim with over 40% of Hawaii’s native fish, colorful coral and even this animal: Green Sea Turtle
- This lava tube was discovered in 1913. Thurston Lava Tube
- According to Susan B. Barnes, the all-inclusive resort Travaasa’s greatest asset is its: Staff
- Located in Myrtle Beach, SC, this popular local spot is one of the highest points in the low-country. Sandy Island
- Jack stops for dinner at this secret gastronomical society that’s hidden away in Basque Country. Reserva 1940
- What is the Hawaiian word for the traditional cooking method that means “to cook in an underground oven”? Kālua
- Besides beer, what else is St. Louis’ Square One Brewery known for? Beer cocktails
- While filming in Kaliningrad, this reminded Josh Gates that he “was now in Russian territory.” Vladimir Lenin Statue
- The famous geothermal heated Blue Lagoon is located in which country? Iceland
- In which country is The Viceroy also known as the “Valley of the Kings” located? Bali
- How fast can the Black Diamond Jet Team fly? 450 mph
- What place does director Peter Jackson describe as a “huge landscape that goes on forever”? Central Otago, New Zealand
- What is the maximum number of visitors allowed on Kauna‘oa Beach at a time? 25
- Where is the world’s largest volcano? Hawaii
- What Norwegian hotel is built each year from ice and show? Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel
- According to Rob Pralgo, how far in advance should you book domestic travel? 7 weeks
- What energy drink does Jack drink while filming in Peru? Frog Shake
- What location in Italy is known for its rolling hills, great wine and superb scuba diving in Monte Argentario’s coves and bays? Tuscany
- Where does the annual Winterskol Fest take place each year? Aspen
- What dish is Nashville known for? Hot Chicken
- At what Dallas restaurant can you get “sammiches” such as the Happy Hippie and the Pork BunMe? Uncle Uber’s
- Which all-inclusive resort is located on Bavaro Beach, consistently ranked one of the best beaches in the world? The Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real
- Which 2,200-acre coastal barrier island lures beach lovers with its peaceful beaches and miles of untouched marshland? Seabrook Island
- Located in the hills of Oklahoma, what does Josh Gates find while searching through Buzzard’s Roost? An antique lead bar
- Which beach is located on the southern tip of Kauai? Poipu Beach
- Dating back to A.D. 1110, which famous tower is located on a small islet off the Asiatic shore of Istanbul? Maiden’s Tower
- According to Bert Kreischer, what is the only way to end a day in LA? Hike in Runyon Canyon
- What is the name of chef George Mendes’ New York City restaurant? Aldea
- What’s the name of the 25,000 square foot floating spa in Montreal? Bota Bota?
- Which premier ski town was the site of the 2002 Winter Olympics? Salt Lake City
Entry Limit: one entry per person per day + one extra entry for answering the trivia question correctly.
One (1) Grand Prize: a trip for two to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic consisting of the following: round trip coach class airfare for winner and one guest to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic from the major U.S. airport nearest Grand Prize Winner’s residence within the 48 contiguous U.S.; eight (8) days/seven (7) nights first class hotel accommodations; all-inclusive meals; two Spa Treatments each for Grand Prize Winner and guest; Dune buggy adventure through the banana plantations; Guided horseback ride, hike, and 20 meter assisted rappel to the caves of Los Haitisis National Park; a day snorkeling along the coral reefs with the sting rays; $1000 spending money; Round trip Airport Transfers in Punta Cana; and all taxes related to accommodations and airfare. The trip must be completed by January 31, 2016, or Grand Prize Winner forfeits the Grand Prize in its entirety. ARV: $10,000
Thirty-one (31) Instant Win Prizes: Travel Channel branded beach towel. ARV: $12.70
Prize Limit: One Instant Win Game Prize per person.
Random Drawing: on or around February 6, 2015.
Been playing these Travel games a while and haven’t even won a towel! Has anyone won their instant win gifts?!
Jen F says
Nothing here either 🙁
melissa bryant says
Nope, and I’ve been playing every month for 2-3 years.
Todays answer is 7 weeks on how far in advance should you book domestic travel
Virginia Crowl says
Hotel Impossible’s Anthony Melchiorri’s favorite beach is on: St. John
richard Mock says
nothing here. I’ve been playing for years!
chef George Mendes’ New York City restaurant is Aldea