Let the Games begin! Play TEAS TEA ’Tea Master’ Game Show daily for the chance to WIN REI gift cards, and one lucky winner will win a trip to Hawaii! Come back every day to learn more about tea and earn more chances to win.
Sweepstakes Rating: Okay
Eligibility: US, DC, 21 and older
Entry Dates: May 23, 2014 and ends on September 1, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. ET
Answer TEAS’ TEA question and submit to receive one Daily Period entry and one Grand Prize Drawing entry. Your answer to the provided TEAS’ TEA question does not need to be correct to receive a Daily Period entry and/or a Grand Prize Drawing entry.
TEAS’ Tea Trivia Questions and Answers:
- 4 million metric tons of what are grown every year? Tea
- Green tea makes up what percentage of tea grown?
- How do amino acids taste?
- How does ITO EN reduce the weight of plastic bottles? By making them lighter and thinner
- How is ITO EN a leader in regards to their bottles? They have one of lowest bottle weights in the industry
- How many main taste components does tea have? 3
- How were tea leaves traditionally picked? By hand
- How many times are tea leaves usually harvested? Three to four times
- How much of tea grown in Japan comes from the first harvest? 50%
- In Japan, which class did tea initially become popular with? The Aristocracy
- The tea of which harvest sells for the highest prices? First
- To whom did Eisai give his tea book? A Samurai General
- What are some features of Green Tea farms? P
- What are the main color components of tea?
- What are the other factors that affect the tea harvest?
- What are Vitamins A, C, and E in tea known for? Their antioxidant properties
- What color are flavonoids?
- What color does chlorophyll make tea leaves?
- What did Eisai’s tea book promote? The Health Benefits of Tea
- What does umami mean in Japanese? A pleasant, rich, full taste
- What does tea go through after the Aracha process? A finishing process
- What effect do catechins have on free radicals? They help eliminate free radicals
- What effect do flavonoids have on brewed tea?
- What effect does chlorophyll have on the color of brewed tea? None
- What effect does fire drying and blending have on the tea leaves?
- What flavor do catechins and caffeine have?
- What happens during the post-firing process?
- What happens to tea leaves during the finishing process?
- What happens to tea leaves once they are picked?
- What happens to tea leaves when moisture is extracted?
- What has analysis of tea shown? It contains many healthy nutrients
- What has ITO EN been dedicated to? The principles of natural production of tea
- What has ITO EN created as part of their commitment to sustainability? Eco-friendly packaging and recycling programs for tea leaves
- What influence did Eisai’s book have on tea drinking? Tea culture became popular in Japan
- What is done to Japanese green tea to prevent oxidation? The leaves are steamed while they are fresh
- What is ITO EN a proud supporter of? Local nonprofits like the Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy
- What is ITO EN’s goal for plastic bottles?
- What is ITO EN’s mission? To create tea that benefit their community, workplace and environment.
- What is one health benefit of Vitamin B in tea? It is necessary for sugar metabolism
- What is one health effect of Vitamin B2 in tea? It is necessary for red blood cell formation
- What is one of the nonprofits supported by TEAS’ TEA?
- What is the most common type of tea grown? Black tea
- What is the primary tea consumed in Japan?
- What is the process called for the making of crude tea? The Aracha Process
- What is the second most common type of tea grown?
- What is the value of tea leaves as a dried product?
- What kind of bottles does ITO EN use? PETE 1, the most recyclable plastic bottle
- What percentage water are fresh cut tea leaves? 75-80%
- What percentage of worldwide tea production is black tea? 61%
- What separates the first harvest from others?
- What vitamin does tea not contain? Vitamin X
- What year were tea seeds brought to Kyoto? 1191
- When do tea harvests begin? May
- Where is tea now grown?
- Where was tea originally grown? China
- Where was tea first produced? China
- Which B Vitamins are found in tea? B1 and B2
- Which element of tea helps eliminate toxins from the body? Catechins
- Which emperor encouraged tea cultivation? Emperor Saga
- Which harvest produces the most tea in Japan?
- Which type of Tea does Japan produce primarily? Green Tea
- Which Vitamin in tea is necessary for collagen growth? Vitamin C
- Who are the makers of TEAS’ TEA?
- Who brought tea seeds to Kyoto? Zen priest Eisai
- Who first brought tea leaves to Japan? A priest named Saicho
- Who is the world’s largest tea producer? China
- Who is the world’s second largest tea producer? India
- Why are tea plants pruned?
- Why do tea makers roll and press tea leaves? To form the leaves into the proper shape and extract moisture
Entry Limit: one entry per question. Maximum limit of three (3) Daily Period entries and three (3) Grand Prize entries per person per Daily Period using only one email address, regardless of method of participating.
One (1) Grand Prize: A six (6) night, seven (7) day trip for winner and one guest to Hawaii. Trip includes round trip air transportation for winner and guest from the U.S. gateway airport nearest winner’s residence to Hawaii, six (6) nights hotel accommodations (one (1) room, double occupancy), select ground transportation while on trip, select spa treatments and meals while on trip, awarded in the form of an American Express gift card, and a video camera, which winner may use to document his or her trip. ARV: $10,000.
One Hundred One (101) Daily Prizes (one per day): A $50 gift card to REI or another outdoor clothing and/or gear retailer gift card.
Prize Limit: one Daily Period prize per person
Random Drawing: approximately seventy-two (72) hours after the conclusion of a Daily Period. Grand Prize Random Drawing on or about September 3, 2014.