Enter this week’s HGTV.com Property Brothers Rescue Sweepstakes code for a chance to win $50,000 in cash!
Sweeps Rating: Okay
Eligibility: open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other United States territories), who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of their entry and who have access to the internet and HGTV prior to learning of this Sweepstakes.
Entry Dates: September 6, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET/10:59:59 pm CT on November 18, 2012
- Week One Answer: RENOVATION
- Week Two Answer: PROPERTY
- Week Three Answer: EXTREME
- Week Four Answer: RESCUE
- Week Five Answer: BROTHERS
- Week Six Answer: BUY
- Week Seven Answer: SELL
- Week Eight Answer: FIX
- Week Nine Answer: HOME
- Week Ten Answer: FIFTY
Entry Limit: one entry, per person, regardless of email address used, per Entry Period. Entries will NOT be carried forward into subsequent Entry Periods
Weekly Entry Period (entry period only last one day each week): 9:00:00 pm ET/8:00 pm CT – 11:59:59 pm ET/10:59:59 pm CT
- September 16, 2012 (drawing Sept 20)
- September 23, 2012 (drawing Sept 27)
- September 30, 2012 (drawing Oct 4)
- October 7, 2012 (drawing Oct 11)
- October 14, 2012 (drawing Oct 18)
- October 21, 2012 (drawing Oct 25)
- October 28, 2012 (Nov 1)
- November 4, 2012 (Nov 8)
- November 11, 2012 (Nov 15)
- November 18, 2012 (Nov 22)
Ten (10) Grand Prizes (one each week): a $50,000 check
Prize Limit: one Grand Prize per person/household, throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
HGTV’S RESCUE YOUR RENOVATION SWEEPSTAKES
Official Rules 2012
No Purchase Necessary To Enter Or Win. A Purchase Of Any Kind Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning. Void Where Prohibited.
- Sweepstakes Period: HGTV’s Rescue Your Renovation Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 9:00:00 pm Eastern Time (“ET”)/8:00 pm Central Time (“CT”) on 09/16/12 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET/10:59:59 pm CT on 11/18/12 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). This Sweepstakes Period will consist of ten (10) individual Entry Periods (the “Entry Period(s)”), as detailed in the chart in section 3 below. One (1) random weekly drawing (the “Random Drawing(s)”) will be held on or about four (4) days after the end of each of the ten (10) Entry Periods, from among all eligible entries received during each applicable Entry Period, in order to award one (1) Grand Prize per Entry Period, for a total of ten (10) Grand Prizes throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other United States territories), who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of their entry and who have access to the internet and HGTV prior to learning of this Sweepstakes. Employees of Scripps Networks, LLC (“Sponsor”), bottlerocket marketing group, LLC (“Administrator”), and any of Sponsor’s or Administrator’s respective affiliates, parents, subsidiary companies, or advertising and promotion agencies (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or those living in the same household of each (whether or not related thereto) are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Void everywhere else outside the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, or where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants are bound by and agree to these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding.
- How to Enter: During an applicable Entry Period, eligible entrants must tune in to HGTV and take note of the code word (“Code Word”) that will appear on the screen at random times throughout each Entry Period, (during shows (via snipes) and during commercial breaks). Then, during such applicable Entry Period, visit www.HGTV.com/rescue (the “Promotional Site”) and follow the instructions to complete all required information on the registration form, provide the correct Code Word for the applicable Entry Period, and submit the online entry form (hereinafter an “Entry”). Incomplete Entries and Entries that do not contain the correct Code Word will not be eligible. There is a limit of one (1) Entry, per person, regardless of email address used, per Entry Period. Entries will NOT be carried forward into subsequent Entry Periods, if any. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service provider apply. Entries received from any person, regardless of email address used, in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries must be received during each applicable Entry Period to be eligible for that Entry Period’s Grand Prize. The computer clock of the Webmaster hosting the Sweepstakes is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries.ENTRY PERIOD CHART
Entry Period Number Weekly Entry Period
9:00:00 pm ET/8:00 pm CT – 11:59:59 pm ET/10:59:59 pm CT
(On or about)
#1 September 16, 2012 09/20/12 #2 September 23, 2012 09/27/12 #3 September 30, 2012 10/04/12 #4 October 07, 2012 10/11/12 #5 October 14, 2012 10/18/12 #6 October 21, 2012 10/25/12 #7 October 28, 2012 11/01/12 #8 November 04, 2012 11/08/12 #9 November 11, 2012 11/15/12 #10 November 18, 2012 11/22/12
- Grand Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
Ten (10) Grand Prizes will be awarded throughout the Sweepstakes Period (one (1) per Entry Period). Each Grand Prize winner, once confirmed, as detailed below, will receive one (1) check for Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000). The ARV of each Grand Prize is Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000). The total value of all Grand Prizes awarded throughout the Sweepstakes Period is Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($500,000). There is a limit of one (1) Grand Prize per person/household, throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
- Random Drawing(s) & Notification/Acceptance: On or about four (4) days after the end of each Entry Period, one (1) Random Drawing will be held, from among all eligible Entries received during the applicable Entry Period, in order to select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner. Administrator, who is an independent judging organization, will conduct the ten (10) Random Drawings. The decisions of Administrator and Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a Grand Prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible Entries received throughout each applicable Entry Period. Potential Grand Prize winners must comply with these Official Rules as published in order to accept a Grand Prize and be confirmed as an Official Grand Prize winner. Sponsor or Administrator will notify each potential Grand Prize winner by phone and/or email on or about twenty-four (24) hours after each Random Drawing. Upon notification or notification attempt, potential Grand Prize winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of acceptance, eligibility, liability and publicity release (where legal) as well as a W-9 form, within seven (7) calendar days of such notification or notification attempt (or less if specified by Sponsor upon notification or in the release documents, due to exigencies) or such Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner, who will be selected in a Random Drawing from among remaining eligible Entries from the corresponding Entry Period, will be notified by phone and/or email. Sponsor will attempt to contact each potential Grand Prize winner two (2) times during the seven (7) calendar day period. If notification attempts for a potential Grand Prize winner fail for any reason, or if a potential Grand Prize winner does not comply with these Official Rules, such Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be selected from among remaining eligible Entries from the applicable Entry Period. Acceptance of a Grand Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use the Grand Prize winners’ name, voice, actual or simulated likeness and biographical information in connection with the Sweepstakes and Sponsor (including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes) in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media whether now known or hereafter devised, without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
- Grand Prize Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to perform a background check on any potential Grand Prize winner as a condition of awarding such Grand Prize. Sponsor or Administrator will furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to each Official Grand Prize winner for the retail value of each Grand Prize for the tax year in which Grand Prize is awarded. Grand Prize winners are responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes) and all other costs associated with Grand Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. No transfers of a Grand Prize, in whole or in part, will be permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Grand Prize (or portion thereof) with another prize of greater or comparable value, as determined by Sponsor. All Grand Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- General Rules: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. In the event of a dispute, Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of Entry and the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the Entry will be declared the potential Grand Prize Winner. “Authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for administration/clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
- Limitations of Liability: Entrants, by participating in the Sweepstakes, release and agree to hold the Sweepstakes Entities harmless from and against any and all liability, claims or action of any kind whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death and bodily injury, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, including participating in this Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related activity, whether sponsored, held by, or paid for by a third party or by Sponsor. Each entrant agrees to indemnify Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize herein. Additionally, the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, garbled, damaged, delayed or undelivered entries; or for any virus contracted by an entrant’s computer through participation in the Sweepstakes, for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by computer or Internet malfunction or interference, tampering, manipulation, weather or natural disaster, acts of war, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation; or for failed computer, satellite, telephone, wireless or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, the airing of a Code Word, notification of potential Grand Prize winners, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable network, server, wireless service, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it suspects of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in a unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person or entity. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods or third-party software or website or any other devices which subvert or manipulate the entry process will void all entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, virus, bug, worms, unauthorized human intervention or any other causes which Sponsor, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, deems could corrupt, manipulate or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and post notice of the action at the Promotional Site, and/or where they see fit. In such an event, Sponsor will select the potential Grand Prize winners per Entry Period in random drawings from among all valid, non-suspect, eligible Entries received per each Weekly Entry Period prior to termination, if any, or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor.UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. IN NO EVENT WILL MORE PRIZES THAN THOSE DETAILED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES BE AWARDED. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY PROVISION IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL NOT BE DEEMED A WAIVER OF SUCH.
- Disputes, Governing Law and Venue: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TENNESSEE, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN TENNESSEE. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF KNOX. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
- Winners’ List: For a list of Grand Prize winners, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to HGTV’s Rescue Your Renovation Sweepstakes Winners List, c/o bottlerocket marketing group, LLC, 298 5th Avenue, 2nd Floor, NY, NY, 10001.
- Sponsor: Scripps Networks, LLC, 9721 Sherrill Blvd, Knoxville TN 37932© 2012 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved