Online sweepstakes have become a huge trend all around the world. Not only do sweepstakes offer excitement and fun, but great chances to win big prizes. But, as with any other hobby or passion, entrants should be able to talk the talk to be truly part of the online sweepstakes experience.
There are some must-know terms entrants should be familiar with when entering online sweepstakes.
Important terms relating to entries are:
- 1/H which means one entry per household
- 1/H/D is one entry per household per day
- 1/H/W means one entry per household per week
- 1/H/M means one entry per month
- 1/H/Q means one entry per quarter or every three months
- 1/P is short for one entry per person.
And, as explained above, /D, /W, /M and /Q can be added as time constraints. Another time related sweepstakes term is bi-weekly, which means entrants can enter once every two weeks.
Addy or addie refers to the entrant’s address.
Four common used terms are NAZ, NAZDT, NAZH and NAZT:
- N means the entrant’s name and surname
- A means the entrant’s address
- Z stands for the entrant’s zip code
- The additional DT is short for day telephone
- H means home telephone
- T means telephone number
With regards to the contest or online sweepstakes itself, the following terms might be helpful:
- SD means start date, the official start date of the sweepstakes of contest.
- Online entry means the method of entering using the internet
- WL stands for the winners list
- DD for the drawing date, which is the last date of acceptance of entries for online sweepstakes
- E/F/A means employees, families and agencies, referring to the eligibility of entrants
Other commonly used terms in online sweepstakes are WSL and DOB:
- WSL means while stocks last
- DOB is short for date of birth
- Another popular term is J/A which stands for judging agency. Most big competitions use judging agencies to regulate their sweepstakes
- P/C means prices must be claimed by the given date. If winners do not claim their prizes in a certain period of time, they forfeit their prizes
When entering online sweepstakes regularly, entrants will soon become familiar with all the terminology regarding sweepstakes. There are many glossaries and websites available where prospective entrants can read more about online sweepstakes and the related terms. It is always a good idea for entrants to ensure they are familiar with the rules and regulations, the terminology and all the other details of contests or online sweepstakes before they enter.
When entrants are familiar with the online sweepstakes terminology, they can enter as many sweepstakes as they can, and of course, stand a big chance to win great prizes!
Guest Author Info: Emma Madison has been an online bingo fanatic for over 7 years. She has written many informative articles for the website Online-Bingo.net
Leave a Reply