Effective keyword searches for finding winnable sweepstakes and contests. Here are some tips for using search engines to effectively find your favorite sweepstakes based on the prizes you want to win, the date the sweepstakes ends, and more.
NOTE: Keyword search can be done in all lower case.
Try these keywords of phrases for the basics:
- blog contest
- blog giveaway
Using the Minus Sign:
Whatever you are NOT trying to search for you put a minus sign and then the word. You must have a space BEFORE and not after the minus sign for it to work though.
- sweepstakes -2014
- giveaway -2014
- contest -2014
- blog giveaway -2014
- blog contest -2014
If you search using a phrase you eliminate the possibility of having more specific results come up.
Using the Plus Sign:
Use this type of search to look for specific prizes you want to enter for where the word ipod is what you want to replace if you are looking to win a computer, TV, trip, etc.
- sweepstakes +ipod
- giveaway +ipod
- blog giveaway +ipod
- blog contest +ipod
To get real specific try even more specific phrases:
- sweepstakes -mom -housewife -mommy -children -baby +ipod
- blog giveaway -mom -housewife -mommy -children -baby +ipod
- blog contest -mom -housewife -mommy -children -baby +ipod
Where +ipod is what you change based on what you are looking to win.
Using Quotes in your phrases:
Try using quotes to get more of an exact match.
- sweepstakes +”digital camera”
- contest +”baby photo”
- giveaway +”trip to disney”
Put it all together:
- sweepstakes -2014 +2015 +”sony digital camera”
- “blog giveaway” +$50 +”gift certificate” -20014 +2015
Check out more popular articles on sweepstakes including:
- 8 Tips to Winning Sweepstakes Consistently
- The Secret to Winning Instant Win Games
- 6 Top Tips for Winning Blog Giveaways
- Tracking and Recording Sweepstakes Wins