STARBURST and SKITTLES “Hunt For Gold” Instant Win Game

Grab a specially marked pack of STARBURST or SKITTLES for a chance to INSTANLY WIN $10,000 plus over a MILLION other prizes! Promotion starts June 1st.

Eligibility: open only to individual legal residents of the United States (including Puerto Rico and U.S. territories and possessions), age 13 or older as of 6/1/10.

Entry Dates: begins at 12:00:00 PM (Noon) (ET) on 6/1/10 and ends at 11:59:59 AM (ET) on 12/31/10.

May 17 Update: As of this writing the claim form is live so that means they probably have specially marked packages out in the market already.

June 1, 2010 Update: The Second chance Link is live now summerhuntforgold.com/SecondChance

Prize Claim Link: www.summerhuntforgold.com

How to enter: An official game piece is required to play.

GAME PIECES: Game Pieces are available on the inside of specially-marked packages of SKITTLES® Brand and STARBURST® Brand products. To receive a Game Piece without making purchase and a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:

Hunt for Gold Free Game Piece Requests
PO Box 5020
Kalamazoo, MI 49003-5020

(VT residents may omit return postage.) Game Piece requests must be received by 11/26/10. Limit: one Game Piece request per outer envelope.

Prizes:

Two (2) Grand Prizes are available: Each Grand Prize consists of a $10,000 Check

12,000 First Prizes are available: Each First Prize consists of a $50 prepaid Discover® Award Card.

1,000,000 Second Prizes: Each Second Prize consists of a coupon redeemable for one (1) single-size package of SKITTLES® Bite Size Candies, STARBURST® Fruit Chews or STARBURST® GUMMIBURSTS® Liquid Filled Gummies. Approximate Retail Value: $0.99 each.

Prize Limit: one (1) Grand and/or First prize per person.

Second Chance Drawing: Grand Prizes not claimed by 11:59:59 AM (ET) on 12/31/10 will be awarded in the Second Chance Sweepstakes, assuming a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. To enter the Sweepstakes, go to www.summerhuntforgold.com and select the link for entry into the Second Chance Sweepstakes, complete the entry form with the information requested, and click “Submit Entry”. You may only enter the Second Chance Drawing one (1) time per person/email address during the Promotion.

Official rules: summerhuntforgold.com/rules.aspx

Sweeps Rating: Sweeties Pick/Winnable (for the instant win game portion)

Sent in by: Larrissa

Comments

1. Sarah Stine says:

I couldn’t find the link for the second chance drawing. Am i missing something?

• Kimberly Motz says:

Me either. I don’t buy skittles so I thought I’d enter the second chance drawing

• Sweetie says:

This instant win game doesn’t start yet. That is why I put an update in red above. The link to the second chance drawing probably won’t appear until the actual start date of June 1st – see above

2. absweeps says:

It says that the second chance drawing is for unclaimed grand prizes. Does this mean that the gift cards aren’t included in the second chance drawing?

3. Christine G says:

I’ve been buying the specialy marked Starburst everytime I go in a store but haven’t won anything yet. “Congratulations, you lost,” why so sarcastic, Starburst?

4. Catherine says:

I also cannot find that link for the Second Chance Sweepstakes.
    I looked on every part of the site that was linkable/clickable that I could find. If anyone figures it out, would you please post it here.
    thanks. (^;^)

Here is what their rules say :
    SECOND CHANCE SWEEPSTAKES: Grand Prizes not claimed by 11:59:59 AM (ET) on 12/31/10 will be awarded in the Second Chance Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), assuming a sufficient number of eligible entries are received. To enter the Sweepstakes, go to http://www.summerhuntforgold.com and select the link for entry into the Second Chance Sweepstakes, complete the entry form with the information requested, and click “Submit Entry”

• Sweetie says:

Remember, this game doesn’t officially start until June so that is probably why the second chance drawing link isn’t live yet.

5. I have won 8 free packs of starbursts so far.

6. second chance drawing link is up!

7. mrsHD07 says:

Is the candy and the candy wrapper gold or should can I find a gold starburst in a red/orange/ETC wrapper?

8. I just got a bag of ( s ) and i didnt win. 🙁

9. Many,many thanks for letting us know about this promotion. Last night
    *** I Won *** a $50.00 prepaid Hunt for Gold Discover card when I opened
    my Starbust pack. I was so shocked and thrilled. Once again thank you for
    this wonderful,informative website.

10. carrie hamerly says:

i won a prepaid $50 discover card from a sterburst package i have the congrats email but….. i have never recieved the prize and can not reach anyome about it.

11. candy cost .89 in stores. I sent away for several game pieces. then this week at CVS found the special marked starburt gummies candy for .50 each. I decided to give up on mail request and buy the candy. I got 4 Congrats you lost and 1 coupon for more free candy which also were loosing game pieces. Still hoping for a win.

12. GRISELL CUEVAS says:

I HAVE THE GOLD STARBURST, I AM FROM PUERTO RICO WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP HELP ME, PLEASE

Trackbacks